Monday, July 14, 2008

My responce to "Students, Parents and Teachers Weigh In on State of the Schools"

After reading the article "Students, Teachers and Parents Weigh In on State of the schools" by Jennifer Median, I was surprised to learn that 800,000 people responded to this years surveys, because many of my peers and I did not respond to it. I was also surprised to learn that it costs $2 million to conduct the surveys. The article states that 72 percent of the students feel safe in their schools compared to 68 percent last year. "There were some signs of trouble and dissatisfaction, however. More than a third of middle and high school students said getting good grades did not earn the respect of other students." I disagree with this because in High School when it comes down to senior year and everyone is going to graduate and you aren't, you're going to wish you got good grades. I feel as we grow in our High School years, we begin to mature, the majority of the us for the most part. After being in High School for years. You just want to get out already. Everyone is trying to pass their classes because no one wants to spend any more time than they have to in school. "Nearly a quarter of parents named smaller classes as the improvement they most wanted." I agree. I also feel that the smaller the amount of students there are in a classroom, the easier it is for a student to focus and do well. I'm satisfied with my education. Any non progress is in my fault, because in my High School, Edward A. Reynolds West Side High School, the Teachers are there, the work is there, the opportunity if there. Its all there. Its because of my laziness and not putting in all the effort I can, that I don't do as well as I know I should be doing.

No comments: